Literacy ConnexusHelping Churches help people with literacy needs
TEX (Teaching English with eXcellence) prepares volunteers to teach English as a Second Language (ESL) classes in a faith-based setting. The program was developed by Robin Feistel to give volunteer teachers of adult students the skills, resources, and versatility to teach and lead in any church-based ESL program.
We are eager to assist churches in responding to the needs of refugees from Afghanistan, Ukraine and elsewhere.
We equip churches to respond to literacy needs in Texas through:
- Providing effective training and resources for literacy ministry
- Encouraging and equipping families to read to their children – especially those families in poverty
- Welcoming the stranger through English as a second language ministries
- Making connections between community and church-based literacy providers
- Advocating for persons with literacy needs and for the ministries that address those needs
Literacy Connexus 3020 South Cherry Lane, #123168 Fort Worth, TX 76121
Offices at Henderson Hall Agape Baptist Church 3954 Southwest Blvd. Fort Worth, TX 76116